Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Houghton Lake, Mi, Usa
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Chapel Hill, Nc, Usa
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Bishop, Ca, Usa
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Oswego, Ny, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Vienna, Austria
Mcmurdo Sound vs Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Tarko-Sale, Russia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Teresina, Brazil
Belle Plaine, Ia vs Mafraq
Atchison, Ks vs Cadiz
Gao vs Wynyard, Sk
Albuquerque, New Mexico vs Florence, Tuscany
- The distance between Olbia/ Costa Smeralda, Italy and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 15,776 km or 9,803 mi.
- To reach Olbia/ Costa Smeralda in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 208.4° or SSW and follow the great circles arc to approach Olbia/ Costa Smeralda bearing 352.4° or N .
- Olbia/ Costa Smeralda has a Mediterranean hot climate (Csa) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The mean annual temperature is 33.5 °C (60.4°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.9 °C (17.8°F) less in Olbia/ Costa Smeralda. The continentality subtype is truly oceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 369.4 mm (14.5 in) more which is equivalent to 369.4 l/m² (9.07 US gal/ft²) or 3,694,000 l/ha (394,913 US gal/ac) more. About 2 3/4 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 37.5° higher in Olbia/ Costa Smeralda than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Olbia/ Costa Smeralda relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Olbia/ Costa Smeralda
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -10 (0)
|| -11 (0)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Manaia Dem Farm, New Zealand
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Lamia, Greece
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Lundazi, Zambia
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Conway, Sc, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Charlottetown, Pe, Canada
Mcmurdo Sound vs Te Wera Forest, New Zealand
Mcmurdo Sound vs Yining, China
Mcmurdo Sound vs Verona, Italy
Beni Abbes vs Base Antartica Arturo P
Hot Springs, Sd vs San Diego, California
Princess Anne, Md vs Chepes
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta vs Zambezi
Olbia/ Costa Smeralda vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Olbia/ Costa Smerald
- Ajaccio, Corsica, France - 128.5 kms (79.8 miles) NNW
- Guardiavecchia, Italy - 36 kms (22.4 miles) NNW
- Sassari, Sardinia, Italy - 82.6 kms (51.3 miles) WSW
- Alghero, Italy - 107.7 kms (66.9 miles) WSW
- Fonni, Italy - 90.6 kms (56.3 miles) SSW
- Cape Frasca, Italy - 156.9 kms (97.5 miles) SW
- Perdasdefogu, Italy - 136.2 kms (84.7 miles) S
- Decimomannu, Italy - 178.9 kms (111.1 miles) SSW
- Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy - 188.1 kms (116.9 miles) SSW
- Cape Carbonara, Italy - 199.6 kms (124 miles) S
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound